- Statement made after the death of soldiers in Bajaur.
- Islamabad seeks action against TTP leadership.
- Pakistan warns about response to cross-border threats.
Pakistan convened the Afghan mission and issued a firm representation to the Afghan Taliban regime over the deadly terrorist attack in Bajaur district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa that killed 11 Pakistan Army soldiers.
“Pakistan condemned in the strongest possible terms the suicide vehicle terrorist attack, followed by a fire attack on Pakistan's military and law enforcement post in Bajaur, carried out by Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (Fitna al Khwarij),” said a press release issued by the Ministry of External Affairs on Thursday.
The move came after the cowardly terrorist attack on a joint security forces and law enforcement agencies (LEA) checkpoint on February 16.
According to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), at least 12 terrorists belonging to an Indian-backed proxy were killed while 11 security personnel embraced martyrdom in the attack.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in management, expressed serious concern that the TTP, whose leadership is based in Afghanistan, continues to operate with impunity from Afghan soil.
It was again emphasized that Pakistan has received repeated assurances from the Afghan Taliban regime, but unfortunately, no visible or concrete action has been taken.
The Afghan Taliban regime was ordered to take immediate, concrete and verifiable measures against all terrorist groups operating from its territory, including their leaders, the spokesperson added.
The spokesperson said that the Afghan Taliban regime was also categorically informed that Pakistan reserves the right to respond and eliminate any Khwarij belonging to the TTP along with its affiliates, wherever they are located, to ensure the safety of its soldiers, civilians and territorial borders.
Pakistan has seen an increase in cross-border terrorist incidents since the Taliban regained control of Afghanistan in 2021. The provinces of KP and Balochistan, bordering Afghanistan, have been particularly affected by these attacks.
Earlier, ISPR Director General Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry in his press conference on January 6 this year said that 75,175 IBOs were carried out by law enforcement agencies across the country in 2025.
Giving a breakdown, he said 14,658 IBOs were carried out in KP, 58,778 in Balochistan, while 1,739 operations were carried out in the rest of the country.
Lt Gen Chaudhry said that during the last one year, 5,397 terrorist incidents were reported across the country. Of these, 3,811 incidents, he said, occurred in KP, 1,557 in Balochistan and 29 incidents were reported from other parts of the country.
He said 2,597 terrorists were killed during counter-terrorism operations last year. While he provided details of 10 major terrorist attacks across the country, he said civilians and soft targets had been deliberately attacked, and that Afghan militants were involved in all the attacks.






