The summer transfer window has closed for Europe’s top leagues, but there are still moves in the works and plenty of gossip floating around. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumours, comings and goings and of course, closed deals!
TOP STORY: Man United look for defensive reinforcement
Manchester United has identified two centre-backs at Benfica Antonio Silva and pretty star Jean Clair Todibo as possible reinforcements in January, according to the Daily Mail.
The Red Devils are eager to strengthen their defense when the transfer window opens as their problems at the back continue as manager Erik ten Hag saw his team suffer a 3-2 defeat to Galatasaray in the Champions League of UEFA at Old Trafford on Tuesday.
Silva, 19, has maintained impressive form for Benfica, having excelled for the Portuguese team in the Champions League last season. He was previously linked with Paris Saint-Germain, but the move is not expected to be easy with Like Aguias He is likely to demand a fee of €100 million to part ways with him.
Todibo, who previously played for Barcelona, is another option on United’s radar, with the 23-year-old now an established defender in Ligue 1 having made 91 appearances in the last four seasons. He also played his first international match for France last month in the friendly against Germany.
Meanwhile, the newspaper reports that the future of Harry Maguire remains “up in the air”, with the England international fighting to earn a place in Ten Hag’s team. Maguire turned down a £30m transfer to West Ham United in the summer.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Read on ESPN+: Projecting how USMNT stars will fare in new Euro Cup clubs
– Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Pedro Neto He is on Liverpool’s radar, reveals Calciomercato. The Reds are believed to be eyeing the 23-year-old after his impressive form this season, but would have to compete with Arsenal, who have also been linked with interest in signing him. Neto has contributed to five goals in seven Premier League games this season, and recent reports indicate that Wolves would be unwilling to part ways with him in January.
– Arsenal have scheduled talks to reach an agreement on a new contract with the defender. ben white, reports Fabrizio Romano. The Gunners are said to be interested in rewarding the 25-year-old for his impressive form, with optimism that he wants to stay at the Emirates Stadium. White has been a key player for manager Mikel Arteta’s side since he arrived from Brighton for a £50million fee in 2021.
– Several Premier League clubs are interested in the Brentford striker Ivan Toney, according to Football Insider, but Newcastle United are not believed to be one of them. The Magpies are said to believe Toney does not fit the profile of the type of striker manager Eddie Howe wants to acquire, although they remain on the lookout for potential reinforcements when the transfer window opens. Toney will be available for selection in January when he ends his suspension for breaching betting rules, and has previously been linked with Arsenal.
– Juventus studies the possibility of signing the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, according to Gazzetta dello Sport. He bianconeri They are reported to be searching for an alternative midfielder amid current uncertainty over the future of Pablo Pogbaand the latest indicates they could launch an approach for the 28-year-old Danish international, who was linked with a move away from Spurs in the summer.
– Eintracht Frankfurt is closely monitoring the Nuremberg defender Nathaniel Brown, says Florian Plettenberg of Sky Sports Deutschland. The 20-year-old has impressed in Germany’s second division this season and several Bundesliga teams are closely monitoring his situation. His partner, a 17-year-old midfielder Can Uzun He is also believed to be on Frankfurt’s radar.
– Bayern Munich goal Nestory Irankunda has said Seven news that he is “mentally exhausted” by the interest shown in him by the European elite. The 17-year-old Adelaide United winger, hailed by some as a generational talent, has been linked with a move to the Bundesliga giants for more than 18 months but so far no deal has materialised.